Who’s Who at Good Samaritan?
- Coming to Good Samaritan in July 2017 after six years as associate and interim pastor of First Church, Redding, CA, Senior Pastor Rajiv Pathik has served in pastoral ministry over twenty five years. Growing up in India, Rajiv earned his Bachelor of Theology from the South India Biblical Seminary. He earned a Master of Theology, Master of Missions and Master in Public Administration focusing on International Peace and Conflict studies in South Korea.
- Completed his Master of Divinity from Fuller Theological Seminary. Worked with a wide variety of community-support organizations, from a social-welfare trust in Gujarat India to the International Seafarers Center in Long-Beach, CA.
- Lives in Sunnyvale, CA with his wife, Anna Nikitina, a Cancer Care chaplain with Stanford Health Care.
- Enjoys cooking different types of food, watching historical and action movies, playing tennis, and spending time with his family, especially doing outdoor activities with their daughters, Eva and Sonia.
Contact Pastor Rajiv at: 1-408-253-0751 # 228
Listen to one of our pastor’s recent sermons.
Director of Chinese Ministries & Lay Minister
Our Lay Minister provides ministerial support and leadership to the Mandarin service and Mandarin Chinese ministries and works with the Senior Pastor on new initiatives.
- Master’s in Education from the University of Phoenix, B.A. in Journalism from the University of Missouri- Columbia, and involved in continuing education in theology and ministry.
- Happiest when she is able to be a bridge between cultures
- Enjoys doing Sudoku puzzles and spending time with her family.
Contact Helen at: 1-408-253-0751 # 222.
Director of Youth Ministries
- B.A. in Youth Ministry, Azusa Pacific University; currently a candidate for M.D., Fuller Theological Seminary
- 15 years experience in youth work
- After growing up nearby in Cupertino, Alan now lives with his wife and daughter in Livermore.
- Enjoys Ultimate Frisbee and video games (when time allows). He can keep up with our tweens and teens!
Learn more about our Illuminate Youth Ministry
Director of Music Ministries
- Devotes herself to the sacred work of developing and leading music in worship, professing that “God includes music among the most powerful of tools to open hearts and help people receive the Word and guidance from the Holy Spirit.”
- With her Master’s in Music Composition from San Jose State University, Barbara has over 15 years experience in concert production, recording, composition, and choral/orchestral conducting. This on top of a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from U.C. Berkeley and study at the New England Conservatory (composition, sax, and voice)!
- Founder of the Pacific Philharmonic in 2010. Previously
Director of Music at Skyland United Church of Christ, and
Los Gatos, San Jose First, and Cambrian Park UM Churches.
- Leads Good Samaritan’s congregation and choirs in worship with voice, flute, and piano
- Organizes special concert series featuring piano soloists and instrumental groups
- Incorporates all genres of choral music and invites special instrumental ensembles to participate in worship. Experience contemporary, traditional, praise, gospel, and a wide range of musical offerings selected lovingly to meet the diverse spiritual needs and preferences of those who gather at Good Samaritan.
- Enjoys sports, nature, music of all genres, and dance fitness.
- B.S. in Political Science from California State University, East Bay earned after starting at Chabot College. Ivana has also studied nursing and runs a donut shop business!
- Prepared by her previous experience as a “Preacher’s Kid” and marriage to Pastor Vathanak Heang (United Methodist), Ivana puts her organizational skills to use scheduling church facilities and events and coordinating with the preschool, other Good Samaritan ministries, and groups sharing our space as well as supporting office duties for church staff.
- Greets people who visit the church office on a weekday
- Enjoys beach outings with her husband and two sons, gardening, reading, and family walks in the evening.
- Bachelor of Arts in Child Development from California State University at Chico, with an emphasis on family relations.
- At Good Samaritan since 2015, Janette has been a Preschool Teacher, Lead Teacher, Assistant Director, and was formerly Assistant Director at Children’s Preschool Center, Palo Alto.
- Ensures Children have a safe, quality experience in our preschool. CPR/ Pediatric First Aid Certified
- Encourages and motivates Good Samaritan’s Preschool teachers, and helps them grow their skills. encourage the staff to offer opportunities for the whole child and to help each child to explore their surroundings.
- Enjoys swimming, boating, gardening, walking with her dog, reading, and spending time with her husband and three children.
Ms. Stacey O'Toole
Assistant Director, Preschool
- Degree in Early Child Development, De Anza College,
- CPR/ Pediatric First Aid Certified
- Assistant Director since 2006 who has worked at the Preschool since 1997, Stacey specializes in curriculum development and staff development
- Favorite thing to do is spending time with her family and friends.
Office Manager, Preschool
- BSEE from Northwestern University, MBA from Case
- Manages the Preschool’s billing software, deposits, and children’s files
- Began as a volunteer in 2005 before joining the staff in 2008
- Member of Good Samaritan Church whose three children have all gone through Good Samaritan Preschool