Who’s Who at Good Samaritan?
- Coming to Good Samaritan in July 2017 after six years as associate and interim pastor of First Church, Redding, CA, Senior Pastor Rajiv Pathik has served in pastoral ministry over twenty five years. Growing up in India, Rajiv earned his Bachelor of Theology from the South India Biblical Seminary. He earned a Master of Theology, Master of Missions and Master in Public Administration focusing on International Peace and Conflict studies in South Korea.
- Completed his Master of Divinity from Fuller Theological Seminary. Worked with a wide variety of community-support organizations, from a social-welfare trust in Gujarat India to the International Seafarers Center in Long-Beach, CA.
- Lives in Sunnyvale, CA with his wife, Anna Nikitina, a Cancer Care chaplain with Stanford Health Care.
- Enjoys cooking different types of food, watching historical and action movies, playing tennis, and spending time with his family, especially doing outdoor activities with their daughters, Eva and Sonia.
Contact Pastor Rajiv at: 1-408-253-0751 # 228
Listen to one of our pastor’s recent sermons.
Director of Music Ministries
- Devotes herself to the sacred work of developing and leading music in worship, professing that “God includes music among the most powerful of tools to open hearts and help people receive the Word and guidance from the Holy Spirit.”
- With her Master’s in Music Composition from San Jose State University, Barbara has over 15 years experience in concert production, recording, composition, and choral/orchestral conducting. This on top of a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from U.C. Berkeley and study at the New England Conservatory (composition, sax, and voice)!
- Founder of the Pacific Philharmonic in 2010. Previously
Director of Music at Skyland United Church of Christ, and
Los Gatos, San Jose First, and Cambrian Park UM Churches.
- Leads Good Samaritan’s congregation and choirs in worship with voice, flute, and piano
- Organizes special concert series featuring piano soloists and instrumental groups
- Incorporates all genres of choral music and invites special instrumental ensembles to participate in worship. Experience contemporary, traditional, praise, gospel, and a wide range of musical offerings selected lovingly to meet the diverse spiritual needs and preferences of those who gather at Good Samaritan.
- Enjoys sports, nature, music of all genres, and dance fitness.
- B.S. in Political Science from California State University, East Bay earned after starting at Chabot College. Ivana has also studied nursing and runs a donut shop business!
- Prepared by her previous experience as a “Preacher’s Kid” and marriage to Pastor Vathanak Heang (United Methodist), Ivana puts her organizational skills to use scheduling church facilities and events and coordinating with the preschool, other Good Samaritan ministries, and groups sharing our space as well as supporting office duties for church staff.
- Greets people who visit the church office on a weekday
- Enjoys beach outings with her husband and two sons, gardening, reading, and family walks in the evening.
Guadalupe (Lupe) Coria
Director of Good Samaritan Preschool
- Good Samaritan educator since January 2016
- DeAnza College active degree candidate, Early Child Development (with 30+ quarter units down, and the end in sight!)
- Loves hiking, preferably outdoors, where she prefers spending time
- Active mother of two sons, one of whom is a current student at the preschool, strengthening her commitment and connection
Assistant Director, Preschool
- Degree in Early Child Development, De Anza College,
- CPR/ Pediatric First Aid Certified
- Assistant Director since 2006 who has worked at the Preschool since 1997, Stacey specializes in curriculum development and staff development
- Favorite thing to do is spending time with her family and friends.
Office Manager, Preschool
- BSEE from Northwestern University, MBA from Case
- Manages the Preschool’s billing software, deposits, and children’s files
- Began as a volunteer in 2005 before joining the staff in 2008
- Member of Good Samaritan Church whose three children have all gone through Good Samaritan Preschool