Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
-2 Corinthians 9:7-8 NIV
Here are ways in which you can contribute in addition to tithes and offerings given through the offering plate.
- Make A Donation NOW Via PayPal – You may make a donation now, one-time or recurring, through PayPal using your PayPal account or credit card using the Donate button above. You do not need to register on PayPal because you can choose to be a guest. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and most bank cards are accepted.
- By Mail – You may send a check, payable to Good Samaritan UMC, directly to: 19624 Homestead Road, Cupertino, CA 95014.
- Annual Financial Pledge – Make an annual commitment to the church with a pledge. You can change your pledge in CCB, or contact any person on the Endowment and Stewardship Team. Log in to CCB and near your picture in the top right corner, click go to my profile then click on the Financial tab to see your pledge and giving to date. You can also print your own statements for tax purposes. You must be logged in with your own log-in and password.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – EFT allows consistent amounts to be drawn directly from your banking account, is possible, but must be set up manually by talking to the Chairperson of the Finance Committee, the Financial Secretary or the Treasurer allows consistent amounts to be drawn directly from your banking account.
- PushPay (COMING SOON!) – We are in the process of setting up and configuring state of the art PushPay online giving (and Mobile App) for our church. You can preview the online giving link here: GoodSamUMC PushPay, or by texting GOODSAMUMC to 77977. If you are interested in being an early adopter please contact us email@example.com
- Stocks and Mutual Funds – Individuals should check with their financial advisor before initiating this, but if you do, you will receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of your securities at the time of donation and will pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value.
- IRA Contributions – Individuals 70.5 years old or older and who are required to take distributions from their IRA or other qualified plan are urged to consider making a gift to their church from those proceeds. The IRS allows the RMD to be directed to a charitable organization without tax liability for amounts up to $100k per year
- Endowments – Substantial gifts from your will can be a mighty way to provide ongoing income for special ministries. Talk to anyone on the Endowments and Stewardship Committee to help you with any questions.
- Other – Other giving options include life insurance, retirement assets, bequests, personal property, appreciated Real Estate, and charitable lead trusts.