- Sunday, June 23 is a combined worship service as we are sad to say goodbye to our Associate Pastor, Gail Chiew. Join us. English and Chinese congregations worship together to celebrate Gail's ministry. Potluck to follow at noon.
- Vacation Bible School - It's time to register! Happening during week of June 24-28, you must register by May 31. There is a cutoff, and registration will close when the maximum number is reached for registered children/youth. Download this REGISTRATION FORM, print it out, and submit it to Bill or the church office.
- Sierra Service Project (SSP) - June 30 - July 6. Each summer over 2,000 youth and adults from over 120 churches participate in the SSP Summer Program. Each week, teams of youth led by adult counselors repair homes, share in worship and explore the culture of the communities where they will be serving. Our Senior High youth will be participating in the Stockton program the week of June 30th through July 6th and the Junior High youth will be participating in the Susanville program the same week. http://www.sierraserviceproject.org
- RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE on June 8 was a great success - 39 pints of blood to save lives!
- Preschool News It’s been a busy time for the Preschool. We’ve enrolled 25 new students since the beginning of the year, and several of our classes are full to brimming.
- Welcoming Is a Team Sport - Guests who visit us do so intentionally. What if when they arrived, they found us intentionally ready for them? It takes a village to raise a child, and a faith community to welcome and engage our guests. Join members of the new Welcoming Team -- Todd Baggett, Carl Cottrell, and Paul Boehm -- as we plan ways to help our guests find fellowship and connections within Good Sam.
- Our One Great Hour of Sharing Offering contributed $706 to this worthy cause. United Methodists to share the goodness of life with those who hurt. The offering provides administrative support for the United Methodist Committee on Relief as it responds to disaster survivors and people in need around the world.
- Men's Shelter Gifts: Many thanks go out to Anna Payne, Dot Bixby, the Baggetts, the Murrays, the Groves, the Harrisons and the Stephens, who made sure our guests at the Rotating Shelter had some personal gifts at Christmas. It was fun to "adopt" a guest. Many requested needed gloves, hats, scarves, or a gift card to purchase an item. You each shared the love and compassion of our Lord to these men.
- Our Church Conference was on Saturday, December 15th. 2012 End of the year: see video.
- SPRC Update- Bill Wagner, our current Youth Director, will continue to lead our youth program through July 31, 2013. Bill recently advised SPRC that effective May 6, he will be resuming his prior full time consulting job and will therefore reduce his Good Sam Youth Director commitment to 20 hours per week. In partnership with our wonderful youth counselors, Bill will continue to lead youth group, attend Sunday services, and lead the Wednesday night small group. We are currently creating a youth director job description that will be used in our extensive recruitment efforts. Based on the feedback we received, the Youth Director will engage with high school and middle school youth, and our hope is that this will be a full-time position.
- For a list of only our public events in the coming days, please see the Church Calendar
It's time to REGISTER!
- Every Wednesday:
Morning Prayer: Chapel, 6:30 am
- Sunday Evening Suppers -
Loriann Baggett is the new coordinator for the Sunday evening suppers -- a great time for the youth, children, and counselors to connect in fellowship. It’s easy to volunteer at the sign-up sheet (www.tinyurl.com/TheGateGrub). The sign-up sheet has been broken down into main dish, side dish, and dessert, allowing for multiple people to partner up on a given night. Also, we will actively be taking donations for those of you who are not so confident in their culinary ability, but would still like to help. If you have any questions, contact either Bill Wagner or Loriann Baggett .
- Trustees’ Facebook Page -As mentioned last month, in an effort to substantially increase transparency, the Trustees have started a page on Facebook where you can get updates from and give feedback to them. In addition, the page looks great due to a lovely picture of Good Sam at sunset taken by Ted Larson. https://www.facebook.com/GoodSamUmcTrustees
Read the Lenten Devotional On-line - Current week
- Sunday Evening Program: Dinner served promptly at 5
pm. Sign-up sheet: (www.tinyurl.com/TheGateGrub). Contact/info: Loriann Baggett
- The Gate 4 Kids - geared toward children in K-5th grades; 5:30-7 pm (childcare thru 8 pm)
- The Gate Youth Ministry - geared toward youth in 6th-12th grade; 6-8 pm.
- Small Groups on Wednesday & Thursday: The Gate Youth Ministry offers 2 small groups for youth in 6th through 12th grade on Wed. and Thurs. evenings from 7-8:30 pm. The groups, led by Bill Wagner and hosted at the cottage (843 E Homestead, Sunnyvale), explore what it means to be a Christian in light of the life of a teenager.
- More Info...